Put together the strongback, I thought I had some material in stock it turns out I didn't however I found some 1/2" GOS ply at the local merchant Gibbs & Dandy, our local branch are happy to cut board to size and they had an offcut at 1540 long, it was just long enough!
Screwed it together onto two pieces of 4 1/4" door lining material top and bottom to make a box.
Then off to the "w@tcou" to finish those shadows and get them screwed to the strongback.
PJ knows CAD and has plotter so he had printed the shadow positions for us and we used PVA glue to stick it to the strongback.
Then we cut across the centre of the shadows at the underside of the deck position to make removing the excess easier, PJ still has all his fingers, (and both thumbs)
Then with lots of raking through my screw box to find enough small short ones, and me drilling and PJ fixing we had the shadows complete, all that remained was to debate fixing them onto the strongback and then get on with it.
We retired to the warm to work out the NOR's for next years club competitions and whilst we did the Balsa arrived in the post, so when we had done the brain work we went back out into the shed and debated (at length) the best way to complete the planking.
Given the number of steps in the hull we are very glad that we are building a plug and not trying to plank this one as timber hull!
We sort of formulated a plan but I am sure this will change once we get started!
strongback material - £10.00
time spent - 6 hours